Tuesday 8 July 2008

The Busy Little Bee.

I mentioned recently that my makings have been scant on the ground here amidst the madness that is life-with-four-children-in-the-summer. All that is about to change as a busy period looms at my window, tapping there with insistent fingers, waiting with increasing impatience for me to knuckle down. So for the rest of this week I'll be fairly fleeting with my posting, but hopefully by this time next week I'll have some new Big Softees to show you, as well as some other designs Chris has come up with.

In the meantime, here are a couple of paintings from a while back that I found whilst rummaging for supplies today.



As soon as the Big Sofftee deadline is met, I have an exciting project coming up which I'll tell you more about soon. And I'll hopefully have some new paintings/collages to show you.

Aaand I have a Small Family that is long overdue urgent surgery and a trip to Buenos Aires. (I PROMISE Marta!)

And finally, a rake of summer clothes for Sweet William that are cut out and ready to sew, before he grows any more.

9 comments:

Andrew Judge said...

Ooh! The mysterious project sounds interesting...

Emma said...

Nice paintings. Are they yours?

Ciara Brehony said...

Yes Emma, I did about six of them for the Christmas fair a couple of years back and these two didn't sell. I had forgotten about them and when I found them I realised they were not dissimilar to some paintings/collages I've been doing recently!

Anonymous said...

Projects and all manner of things on the go... I am looking forward to seeing more of your paintings and collages.

be well, g

Mrs.French said...

Oh my! I can't wait to see how the small family comes out of surgery ok...I hope you don't mind, but I had to giggle when I read about your mouse "friends" and your interpretation! Oh and I have to comment on your paintings.....marvelous!!!! Either of them would look absolutely perfect on any of my walls.

Karen said...

I love the small family!

moonandhare said...

Oh, the indignities the members of that small family have suffered! What were those wee mice thinking? :)

Really like your bird paintings--looking forward to seeing your upcoming work.

Sandra Evertson said...

Lovely!
Sandra Evertson

Gwen Buchanan said...

hey Ciara, love your Crow painting!! and the beach scene above with the line of children and the gorgeous cloud formations... perfect summer day!!!