Thursday 10 December 2009

A Christmas Art Fair Thing.

As the Christmas season gets underway I love to see the commitment so many bloggers have to supporting both handmade and local art and crafts. This year I haven't managed to produce anything myself, but I thought it might be nice to share a few things with you all. And where better to start then at home, so to speak!
Any regular readers here will be familiar with one of my younger brothers, the multi-talented Chris, as I can't resist often featuring his warm, uniquely funny artwork. So, this Saturday he's having a Christmas Art Fair Thing in his little studio in Dublin city. Anyone who is in the Dublin area is welcome to pop in for a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie or two, and have a look at what he has to offer. I promise you a good chance of finding something for that discerning art lover of yours with a love of the bizarre and humorous.



Details of when and where can be found over on his blog.

Do take a moment to pop over and check out his website which includes a stunningly extensive array of paintingscomics, including one to download for free, illustrations, many of which you will recognise if you live in Ireland, and a favourite pastime in our house, spotting his work in action out and about the streets of Dublin and beyond!
And for those overseas visitors, he does have a fantastic postcard box set which gives a good cross-section of all of the above available for sale in his shop.

Happy browsing!

9 comments:

marty, sharon and pearl said...

you're such a good sister!!

will hopefully get to catch up with you (our second blind date!) next wednesday at 'the party'...I'm actually double booked as I'm out for dinner with double pregnant ladies(!)...i'm banking on them not being able to hack the pace & heading home early - so i'll hot foot it over then & so hopefully see you there. might be a bit tipsy, hick, by then though! s x

Pandorah's Box said...

Lovely! I will be sure to check it out first thing in the morning here! (it is getting quite late and I have a feeling I may be sucked into his website and never leave).

Thank you for pointing me his way!

Sahildeki Ev said...

I had check his blog and let me tell you you have a very talented brother...

Liz Meehan Neighbors said...

hi milkmoon! it's littlemarymixup in the u.s.....i'm still learning about the blog world...i love yours and hope you can help me....i can't seem to figure out a template that will allow me to post pics throughout the blog wordiness and stories....helpful hints? thank you!

Tia said...

Ohhh would LOVE to go ! YEAH up handmade !!!!! :0) All our (little) gifts this year are handmade or got from craftfairs...I think lately people really are beginning to realise it REALLY is the thougt that counts !

Emma said...

What perfect Christmas gifts they would make. I love his cheerful quirky style. Wish I could be there to rifle through his work. I know I would come away with lots of stuff for ME....and a few pressies.

Jo said...

Aw, I'm too late. That was a lovely idea, I hope it went really well.

Paddy said...

Yes, it went very well. Lots of great art to choose from and a nice Xmassy atmosphere, helped in no small way by the excellent mulled wine & mince pies.

paintnpencil said...

Hi I have just started following your blog recently and love it, and now the link to your brothers, its wonderful, popped over and had a quick look through, needs to spend more time there later with a coffee.