Sunday 19 October 2008

Cake and Mountains.

Sorry for that unintentional break. The day Jay got back, to top it all off, I came down with a horrible head cold and chesty thing, which as worked it way through the family. I think we are all over it now, thankfully, and when I came out of it on Wednesday evening,  I had some baking to do. And some strange baking euphoria took hold and I couldn't stop... 







We had a wonderful weekend in the west which included my big brother's birthday and his son's christening.
A gathering of family and friends. A windswept vista of these, my favourite mountains.





I am back, and I am well. So blogging resumes.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Esti said...

hello there! Enjoying your mountains from this side of the world, thank you!
And, wow, I'm impressed... so many cakes!
:)

AMI said...

How did I miss this post? Was I gone mad? Eh you certainly did bake up a storm! I'm loving the coffee cake, can i have the recipe!

I love baking flurries, as I call them, when everyday is an adventure with dusty surfaces, butter marked scales and licked spoons...

mmm