Monday 15 June 2009

My Midsummer Wishlist.

So as we prepare for our weekend festivities I find myself collapsing on the couch in the evening and thinking about all the things I'd love to do, some I'd planned to do, but that never happened. Each year I have a list for 'next year'. But time and money are nearly always a hindrance. 

So, I thought I'd post a few things that didn't make it off my wishlist this year. 

First off, these wonderful cooking pots, not cheap, but imagine what fun they'd be! They're available from one of my favourite online shops, Pedlars. For prices and info see here.


Everyone needs a toasting fork for around the campfire, and I really love this one also from Pedlars. For prices and info, check them out here


These adorable candle lights are gorgeous. I do have one set (of three) but swore I'd buy more. Damn I wish I had. They are so sweet scattered around on tables. They are just vellum shades that sit atop a wine glass, and you pop in a nightlight. Again, they're from Pedlars. See them here.


And finally. I would have loved some of these. We did make one one year and it was brilliant. But to be honest, when I saw a pack of ten for sale I did think, hmm, save ourselves the hassle! But I didn't. Why oh why! Aren't they amazing? They are huge too!  For prices and info, check them out here.


I'd happily go on. I think I might need to do another wishlist post tomorrow...

9 comments:

Acornmoon said...

Wow, they look like fun!

Aoife said...

Those camp dutch ovens are well worth the cost if you like cooking outdoors! Heath got one made by a company called Lodge in America, though I don't know where he ordered it from in the UK. He does his research for kit! It's brilliant, it has a lip around the lid so you can put hot coals on the top to cook from the top as well as the bottom, or you can turn the lid over and use it as a frying pan. Hope your wish list comes true some day! And enjoy the party!

Mel said...

I definitely see a theme emerging here!

;)

Gorgeous fire and light and outdoors... great choices! Tis the season! Why do I get the idea you feel that time has somehow passed you by? I think these things are quite appropos for the months ahead.

I've admired those velum shaded tea-lights before, as well. I am dumbfoundedly in LOVE with those GIANT SKY LANTERNS! Thanks for sharing them! Those Lodge style cauldrons are cool. Here is a link to the style of mine, if you like. I have a flat bottom and one on stilts. They are, I'm told, exact casts/reproductions of what the Dutch used centuries ago upon landing in South Africa. http://www.potjies.com/shop/ Your selection looks perhaps more portable, however.

Happy campfires, girl! ;)

Esti said...

wow, those sky lanterns are amazing! They could easily go into my wishlist too!

Emma said...

Ciara, those cast iron pots are popular down here in the deep South. And they are SO cheap! They are the cheapest pots you can get, almost, but they require some use before they become cured and non-stick, and you cannot leave them wet or they will get a layer of rust on them overnight. After cleaning you have to rub on a layer of oil. So, some people think they are too much work. But I'm a total convert. I have two deep frying pans and use them for everything. A Dutch oven was the next on my list. They are heavy but I will definitely bring a small one home for you. I was actually thinking of bring some home (the small ones are very cute as well as indestructible) but I thought no one would be interested!

our little love nest said...

I want all of that wish list too! What wonderful summer fun! xo

Leigh Shepherd said...

I like the way you think what a great selection! The sky lanterns look amazing especially when alot are sent up together. I heard on the radio the other day that since they became more popular there has been an increase in UFO sightings :)

Ciara Brehony said...

Thanks for all your comments folks! It looks like everyone is in summer frame of mind, and those pots are definitely popular. I'd never heard of them before and I'm smitten now.
Emma, I cannot believe you'd bring one home for me! Wow! You mad thing! Can't wait to see ya sis!

Leigh, that is hilarious...!

Ciara Brehony said...

Thanks for all your comments folks! It looks like everyone is in summer frame of mind, and those pots are definitely popular. I'd never heard of them before and I'm smitten now.
Emma, I cannot believe you'd bring one home for me! Wow! You mad thing! Can't wait to see ya sis!

Leigh, that is hilarious...!