Monday 23 February 2009

The Grass Breathing Around My Ears.

In other years there were floods and high tides,
days of cloud bursts and verdant dusks.

There were misty, rain filled days,
the mountains shrouded, silent, grey ghosts.


This year as February begins to wane,
we have blue skies,
grass swaying in the wind,
clouds roaming the sky,

But each year, at this time,
the whole garden is humming with fertility,
heaving up soil,
sighing with moisture.
Green shoots pushing their way up through the grass...

Spring is tapping at the window...

14 comments:

Annah said...

Your words leave me speechless.....

Therese said...

Beautiful.....I expected the name of the poet, but I guess its you!

Andrew Judge said...

Gorgeous poem and lovely accompanying photos.

Fiona said...

Lovely photos and poem. It definitely feels like spring is in the air. Well done.

Unknown said...

I am really drawn to the top photo but the whole thing is beautiful. You are very talented in so many areas

Emma said...

Beautiful, Ciara. It is so lovely to hear the birds singing. It has been a particularly cold winter and I'm looking forward to spring.

tyler said...

lovely space you have here. absolute poetry. the chilly air is becoming warm...waiting with anticipation here too.

denise said...

Lovely. I can hear the rustling in the beautiful intense grasses.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Beautiful.
We are still cold, but I can feel something stirring.

Deirdre said...

Beautiful Ciara, words and photos, as always.

Unknown said...

such a beautiful sentiment to spring...I can hear the spring song now.

Acornmoon said...

Blue skies are more than welcome, as is spring."sighing with moisture" I like that!

Chris Judge said...

Amazing Ciara, you're an inspiration x

Anonymous said...

and thank goodness for that.