Thursday 31 July 2008

Abundance Abundance Abundance!

Well, what an amazingly wonderful few days I have had. Jimmy-the-postman must be rolling his eyes at this stage at the thought of having to make his way down our lane with yet another parcel. (I secretly believe that he holds onto our post until there is enough between the few houses here to make the trip!)

First to arrive a few days back was this beautiful print by Rima over in The Hermitage. I am surprised that I chose this one and not one of her illustrations when buying my first one of her prints, but I found it very difficult to choose! I'll just have to go back for more.



I didn't realise it was a quote from Roald Dahl, who is a great favourite in our house. You can click on the image to see it better.

Then, what should arrive in our little wooden box on the doorstep but these gorgeous measuring ducks, all the way from Buenos Aires. Yes Marta, we will always think of you and Sam when we make our muffins! Thank you!



And then, I get a lovely message from Sarah over at Little Paper Bird that I had won a prize! Wooo! And what should arrive promptly in the post but one of her beautiful handmade notebooks. And I can tell you it really is simply beautiful.



Doesn't that all add up to a very satisfying week of abundance?

Yes, I thought so. But the icing on the cake? It gets even better! Late last night I got news that I have finally, at last, become an Aunty for the first time! Yippee! If you could see the smile on my face!



Baby Thomas was born late last night to my brother Andrew and his wife Fiona.

WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL WORLD THOMAS!

And congratulations to you both! The fun starts here!

6 comments:

Andrew Judge said...

Marta, I LOOOOOOVE those Measuring Ducks.

marta said...

well, well well..............andrew

Fine Little Day said...

Oh, those porcelain ducks!

Acornmoon said...

Congratulations Aunty Ciara,
Love the book!

Sarah said...

congratulations on becoming an aunty, how exciting! And those measuring ducks are brilliant :)

Rima Staines said...

Ahh, welcome baby Thomas!
And I love those ducks too!
Hehe, glad to have one of my prints on your inspiring walls :)
x R