Wednesday 26 March 2008

Hidden In The Garden.

Aren't parents great things? For lots of reasons. Here's one.

While poking around their garden on Sunday, during the egg hunt, I spotted not one but three pieces of ceramics I made a lifetime ago. They're a little old and a lot weather-worn, but still there! I couldn't believe it. I realise I had known one of them was there but I just didn't see it anymore. You know how it is.







But they are there!

As I said, aren't parents great things? I suppose that's what we do as parents. We keep all our children's achievements and their projects and all the things that add up to who they become, and we keep them safe, hidden away sometimes, when they have become history. But kept safe. To remind us. That we all achieve things that are lovely and loved. Even the things that become old and forgotton about by those that make them.

Our history is part of our environment, the threads of our fabric, even if we don't see it anymore.

Thanks Mum and Dad!

3 comments:

Paddy said...

The interesting thing is that a wild blackberry made its home in the middle, brown, pot. Don't know how it got there but its little barbs remind you it is there.

Esti said...

I like the way you put the same feelings I have into words. The feeling of being a parent now, of following on my parents footsteps and doing the things as we think we should. Thanks.

AMI said...

wow! get back into the clay ciara!
We can have a pot and butter shop
x