Sunday 4 November 2007

A Silver Lining.

It's that time of year again, and once again the Knitting and Stitching show comes to town. It was with beating heart and a hop and a skip I went along with Nina and babies. And OH NO! The wonderful Julie Arkell had decided to give Dublin a miss. :-( I was so looking forward to finally seeing her work in person. She has yet to enter cyber world so it is always a magical mystery tour to try to find out what she's up to, usually relying on other people's blogs. (However there is a lovely article on her in the current edition of the embroider's guild Embroidery magazine, which has some lovely pictures.)
The silver lining though was discovering the gorgeous work of a textile artist called Jessie Chorley who is based in London. She was showing with her mother, Primmy Chorley. Check out her work here. I just love the feeling of pure inspiration I come away from the show with each year. The exhibitions are always inspiring, though I did have to give upstairs a miss as time ran out.
So now I'm eager to finish my Little Family that I'm making for Marta and Sam, and start something new. I'll have pictures of them in the next day or two. Oh, too many ideas, where will I start!

No comments: