Sunday 27 December 2009

A Gathering of Happiness.

All through the festive days,
the childish chatter, the heartfelt delight,

it clutches at my heart.

Exquisite, bittersweet joy.


The easy mingling, the threads picked up,
the weaving of family ties continuing it's magic odyssey.

The generous table shared and enjoyed side by side,
and we are reminded it is never enough, our time together.



And our days become lingering quiet,
small moments we can pause and really feel,
when we take off our hasty wings
and practice the art of savouring



And I am blessed,
to be surrounded, encircled, by so many,
by so much.

And even though for some
we have to make do with a faraway voice
traveling halfway around the world,
our Christmas greetings are earnest, wholehearted and deep.



So, I'll sit in contemplation, and wonder.
And all those years of Christmases gone by fill my head and my heart.

And I raise my glass to you all,
family and friends alike.

For this year is closing, and a bright new one just around the bend.

~*~
And I tip my hat to Sara, and Pamela who I found of similar mind this festive season! And I have no doubt there will be more.

And I wish, I wish with all my might that next year Santa brings my sister!

12 comments:

Alissa Grosso said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. The pictures really capture the warmth your family gathering.

Sara said...

Yes, it seems we were of the same mind over the holidays. Although I have always been aware of it, when I became a mother I became much more aware of the fleeting moments and try, sometimes too hard, to hold on to them.

Your table looks absolutely beautiful... what a feast. And how lovely the other photos.

May your wish be true next Christmas. xoxo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

"Savouring". What a beautiful thing to do this week.

Thanks so much for the sweet mention. I have no doubt you and I would enjoy taking tea together on a regular basis.

Acloudlessday.blogspot.com said...

A nice looking Christmas feast. I found that picture rather funny considering the fact I had cold cuts for Christmas. :)

Unknown said...

So beautifully expressed, and gorgeous photos.

Snafflesmummy said...

Absolutly beautiful words and photos.

Pandorah's Box said...

I love that these pictures show how lovely your family is.

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Paddy said...

Nice selection
American papers, please copy.

Tia said...

Lovley pictures Ciara , and of what Christmas is REALLY about...HUGS xx

Jo said...

What a magic and beautiful table, Ciara. I'm in awe. And such a lovely, lovely picture of you. Gorgeous.

xx

suzanne said...

A lovely visit..a warm homely feel. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to more time to read about your days.

A happy day to you
Warm regards
Suzanne

Elaine Prunty said...

what an inviting feast...you look lovely in last photo, like a klimt portrait