Tuesday 27 November 2007

Nostalgic Pavements.

"I have nostalgic pavements..."

I love that line. It's from one of the current (censored) repeat-played cd's in the car. (Kate Nash- Made of Bricks.) It got me thinking about the fact that from a very young age we were walking to and from school. Every day. One of the downsides of living in the country is that we drive everywhere. So my kids will never have nostalgic pavements. Those paths that you know every single crack and bump and line of: the one that looks like a map of Ireland, or the ones that are like a stairs. And when something was done to change it, well, even years later it was still the new bit, always just that bit less comfortable.
How do I explain the importance of nostalgic pavements? I'm not even really sure myself. But it feels important.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love the way you write.

Ciara Brehony said...

Thank you so much!
:-)